Monday, March 9, 2009

They Came Back

For those who haven't been following, about a week ago, two french hooligans/vandals came to my window, pulled my hair and beat in my window... you can read about it in the previous post.

Well, they came back. To be clear, it seemed to actually be someone else who came. But they attempted to do the same thing, break in my window. It went something like this.

The Phon and I were hanging out in my room after deciding to not go party downtown with the other Americans. We started watching the HBO series True Blood (which I quite enjoyed despite it's unnerving similarities to Twilight). After watching the first two episodes, The Phon decided he'd had enough and left to go to his room, so I started watching the third episode by myself.

I got through about 10 minutes before I heard a sound. Now this wasn't too weird, because I hear weird noises all the time. They're very deliberate and usually consist of someone using a hammer or slamming a door. But this time it seemed eerie... close.

And then I realized someone was ripping out my blackout blinds!* I saw half of them fall off and I freaked out. I ran out of the room and I heard loud banging noises all the way from the hallway. They're trying to get into my room! Eventually, I went back into my room, turned on the light, grabbed my cleaver and went to the window and before I got there, the guy had run off. I heard what I would imagine to be "he's here? run away!"

I called the police, but they decided to not do anything since the guy left. I decided to spend the night in The Phon's room (taking my valuables with me). When I wake up, I made my way to my room, and I run into the maintenance man outside of my window looking at it. He helps me out to clean up and patch my window.

So now I'm scared of my room... since there are no blackout blinds (so people can see into my room), there's a hole in my window so sound gets through easily, and there have been 2 attempts to burgle my apartment. Bleh... I think I might try to move.


*For those who have not heard of them, they are blinds that roll down on the outside of your window and are able to block out all light.

3 comments:

  1. stupid jerks! would they have any reason to target you as opposed to the others that live with you?? this is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry!! wtf!? i agree with tina, it's crazy that they would target you only. boo! that is really scary. fucking french police. fucking french HOOLIGANS.

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is crazy, you really shouldn't have to be afraid of your own room. Please keep us updated, I hope everything goes ok!

    ReplyDelete